Surah Nas, or “Mankind”, is the 114th Surah of the Quran. Surah Nas is the final Surah of the Quran.
In Surah Nas there are just six Ayahs so, its a very short surat as well. In Surah Nas, basically it is about asking Allah for protection from the evil Satan. The meaning of the word “Nas” is “Men.” The number of verses in Surah al Nas is 6. Surah Nas was revealed in Mecca, so it is called a “Mecci Surah.” The revelation order of Surah an Nas is 21. The Juza’ is 30. In this Article we going to discuss Surah Nas Virtues and Benefits in detail.
Surah Nas In English
There are 6 verses in Surah Nas. English translation of each verse of Surah Nas is as:
- Say: I look for shelter in the Lord of humankind,
- The King of humankind,
- The God of humankind,
- From the evil of the sneaking whisperer,
- Who murmured in the hearts of humankind,
- Of the jinn and humankind.
Surah Nas Translation
قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ ٱلنَّاسِ ١
Say, ˹O Prophet, “I seek refuge in the Lord of humankind,
مَلِكِ ٱلنَّاسِ ٢
the Master of humankind,
إِلَـٰهِ ٱلنَّاسِ ٣
the God of humankind,
مِن شَرِّ ٱلْوَسْوَاسِ ٱلْخَنَّاسِ ٤
from the evil of the lurking whisperer—
ٱلَّذِى يُوَسْوِسُ فِى صُدُورِ ٱلنَّاسِ ٥
who whispers into the hearts of humankind—
مِنَ ٱلْجِنَّةِ وَٱلنَّاسِ ٦
from among jinn and humankind.”
Surah Nas and Surah al Falaq DIFFERENCE
- Surah Nas, the second surah of the Mu’awwadhatain, initial one is Surah al Falaq, lays out troubles and privations of life in this world, while in the ebb and flow Surah security is searched for from the difficulties of the Hereafter.
- It was explain in Surah Al-Falaq that the word sharr could actually imply ‘deception’ or ‘hurt’ or even ‘what causes harm, wretchedness, or agony.’
- In Surah Nas, we are to search for shelter from the shrewd justification behind all bad behaviours, explicitly the whisperings and ramifications of Shaitan. As the distress and wretchedness of the Hereafter are by and large limit, the Qur’an reasonably focuses close to the completion to search for Allah’s protection against these deceptive powers
- An extension of its original and is in a way comparing to it, in that in Surah Falaq, the followers were ask to search for cover with Allah against these deceptive powers.
If you want to Learn Arabic and Learn how to read Qaida and Quran then Join Online Quran classes with Online Quran Live Academy.
Surah Nas VERSES EXPLANATION
Surah Al Nas Verse 1
114.1 (I look for asylum with the Lord of mankind). Here Allah has an attributive name, “Rabb,” who supports and shows us that Allah is the world’s incomparable and strong nurturer. He is the Lord of humanity, and I really want asylum and insurance against every one of the difficulties and insidious things in my existence with the Lord of mankind.
Surah Al Nas Verse 2 and 3
114.2.3 (the King of mankind, the God of humanity.) In this refrain, the Quran says that Allah is the lord of the world. Nobody is mightier and greater than Allah. Allah has the outright position to control the world. He made the whole universe and dealt with everything known to mankind. Nobody is superior to him, and he is the director of the relative multitude of things on the planet. God and King are the two explicit terms that are simply connected with Allah.
Surah An Nas Verse 4 and 5
114.4, 5 (from the evil of the whisperer who pulls out [ when Allah’s name is pronounced]. In the initial three refrains, Quran says the attributive names of Allah, however presently in this stanza, we come to realize that Quran needs to save us from the detestable considerations and the horrendous methods of Shaitan. The word khannas is gotten from khanasa, which implies ‘to sneak, die down or pull out unobtrusively.’
The Shaitan is so named in light of the fact that he puts himself in a hunching [roosted] position on man’s center. Along these lines, when the last becomes remiss, the past mumbles, yet when he reviews Allah, he pulls out unpretentiously. Yet again right when the man gets oblivious to Allah, the Shaitan returns. Whenever man remembers Allah, he pulls out.
Surah An Nas Verse 6
114.6 (whether from among the Jinn or Mankind.) This is explicative of “waswas” occurring in this stanza, suggesting that the evil presences from among humankind and the Jinn mumble into the chests of humanity. Consequently, the Messenger of Allah SAW has been encourage to persistently search for protection from sneaking companions’ devilishness. Whether or not from among the Jinn or from among human miscreants.
Why Surah Nas Was Revealed?
One of the Hadith of Sahih Al-Bukhari and numerous different hadiths of other Hadith books say that Surah Nas was uncovered. When the Holy Prophet experienced the impacts of an enchanted spell by a Jew named Labeeb ibn Asam. Zayd ibn Arqam announced that he made an enchanted spell on the Holy Prophet, and the Holy Prophet was enduring and feeling the unsafe impacts of it following a couple of days.
Then, at that point, following not many days, Hazrat Jabril came there and uncovered both Surah Nas and Surah al Falaq. That’s what Hazrat Jabreel said “It was the impacts of the enchanted spell by a Jew, and you are feeling awful because of that sorcery surely.” Then from that point forward, the blessed prophet advised Hazrat Ali to go there and bring the appeal. Subsequent to perusing that surah, Hazrat Muhammad SAW were feeling quite a bit better and dynamic.
Click here to take Quran lessons online to better your Tajweed and learning while reading Surah Nas.
Surah Nas IMPORTANCE
Numerous Hadith books have described numerous hadith on the advantages of learning of Surah Nas. All the Holy Quran sections are fundamental yet refrains of surah an Nas are undeniably more basic since this surah was uncover on an interesting event. Not many of the Hadiths are there:
- Abdullah compartment Khubaib depicted: Hazrat Muhammad uncovered to me that “Describe Surat Al-Ikhlas and Al-Mu’awwidhatain (Surat Al-Falaq and Surat Nas) on various occasions at daybreak and nightfall. It will get the job done you in all respects.” (Jami’ at-Tirmidhi Vol. 5, Book 42, Hadith 2902).
- Hazrat Aisha portrayed: Whenever the Prophet SAW hit the hay every evening, he used to cup his hands together and blow over it subsequent to relating Surat Al-Ikhlas, Surat Al-Falaq, and Surah Nas, and thereafter rub his hands over his body, he had the choice to hone, starting with his head, face, and front of his body. He used to do that on numerous occasions. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, 5016).
- Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri portrayed: Hazrat Muhammad SAW used to search for protection against jinn’s abhorrent and the antagonistic gazes till Surat Al-Falaq and Surat Nas were revealed. After they were revealed, he took to them to search for Allah’s security and left everything other than them.
Surah Nas BENEFITS
- The advantages of Surah Nas are that it let us in on about the terrible and right lifestyle. I wish to shelter or need assistance or “Pannah” with Allah.
- In Surah Nas, we have that Allah is the maker and Lord of humanity. Allah has made every one of the people, and presently we want assistance or asylum from him. He can safeguard us from insidious contemplations also from the wicked methods of Shaitan. Shaitan needs to annihilate us and advise us to follow the way of him.
- Shaitan believes us should place us in hellfire alongside himself. Allah needs to safeguard us since he needs people’s joy and accomplishment upon the arrival of judgment.
- In Surah Nas, we come that Shaitan is against us and never needs to safeguard us from “Jahannam.” Shaitan needs to apply many stunts to occupy us from the method of paradise. We really want the assistance of Allah to shield us from along these lines.
VIRTUES OF READING SURAH NAS
- Surah Nas Taweez is perfect for the affirmation of kids from Jinn and Shaitan.
- Surah Nas gives advantages to the people who have torture in any piece of the body. The torture would disappear moreover speedy cure when inspected taking drugs, at some point as of late taking it.
- Discussing the Ma’udhatayn prior to resting may infer wellbeing, and assuming introduced on any part of the body that is torturing, the agony will be feeling better.
Surah Nas Tafsir
1. Say: “I seek refuge with the Lord of mankind”
The Surah opens with Allah commanding His Prophet (PBUH) to seek refuge with The Lord, or in Arabic, Al-Rabb of mankind. Al-Rabb is one of Allah’s 99 names, and He asserts that the Lord of the heavens and the earth will be there for anyone who seeks refuge in Him.
2. The King of mankind
Allah further asserts that He is always there for mankind to seek refuge in Him by adding another one of His names: The King, or Al-Malik.
3. The God of mankind
Allah gives humans another reason to turn to Him: He is The God, or Al-Ilah of mankind.
4. From the evil of the sneaking whisperer
In this Ayah, Shaytaan is refer to as “the sneaking whisperer”, because he tempts mankind to commit sins by secretly whispering evil thoughts to us. Allah is the Only Power that can protect mankind from Shaytaan.
5. Who whispers in the hearts of mankind
Once again, it is state that Shaytaan whispers in the hearts of mankind, implying that he does not openly come in front of us but surreptitiously misleads us.
6. From among the jinn and the men.
This Ayah can be interpreted in two different ways, following the previous Ayah. The first way is that Shaytaan whispers in the hearts of men and jinn, whereas the second interpretation can be that the Shayateen (evil ones) amongst men and jinn whisper in the hearts of other men and jinn, to mislead or misguide them.
It is beneficial to recite Surah an-Nas often, as a means of protection against evil.
surah an nas CONCLUSION
We know very well that Surah an Nas let us in on that you can get some essential contrast among right and fiendish ways from the entire conversation. The individual who needs to learn Surah Nas in a superior manner ought to need to get familiar with the Tafsir of the Holy Quran. Tafsir of Surah an Nas shows us the stunts played by Shaitan to obliterate us.
That’s what Hazrat Muhammad SAW told. It is must for everybody to get familiar with the Holy Quran in a superior manner.
Learn Surah Nas and get the best awards upon the arrival of judgment as it shields us from fiendish contemplations and incorrect ways.
SuraH al Nas (FAQs)
What does Surah Nas protect you from?
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) use to seek protection against the evil of jinn and the evil eyes till Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas were revealed. After they were revealed, he took to them for seeking Allah’s protection and left everything besides them.
How many letters are there in Surah An Nas?
Surah An Nas has 80 letters.
What does Surah Nas teach us?
In this surah, we have got that Allah is the creator and Lord of humankind. Allah has created all the humans, and now we need help or refuge from him. He can protect us from evil thoughts as well from the sinful ways of Shaitan.
What is the meaning of surah Nas?
Meaning, “I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind…” Background: It is believed that Surah Falaq and Surah Nas were reveal to the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) during a time of illness.
How many ayahs are in Surah Nas?
There are 6 ayahs in Surat Nas.
How many words are in Surah Nas?
In Surah Nas there are 20 words in total.
What is the position of Surah Nas?
What is Surah number of Surah Nas?
Surah Nas is the 114th Surah of the Quran.
Is Surah Nas a Mecci Surah?
Yes Surah An Nas is a Mecci Surat.
What is the revelation order of Surah An Nas?
The revelation order of Surah An Nas is 21.
Why is Surah Nas important?
The benefits of Surah An Nas are that it let us know about the bad and right way of life. I wish to refuge or need help or “Pannah” with Allah. In this surah, we have got that Allah is the creator and Lord of humankind. Allah has created all the humans, and now we need help or refuge from him.